This is one of our very favorite family dinners!
We came across the recipe many years ago, and it has made its way into our menu schedule at least monthly. It is, for sure, the most asked for dinner from my husband.
I love it because it is easy! I can prepare the whole meal in 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weekday evenings!
Sausage, 3 Peppers, and Pasta
adapted from here
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 14 oz. package smoked sausage, sliced (we use this type)
- 1 each red, yellow, and orange pepper (or any other color of pepper that you like, just make sure you use 3)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Italian style cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta as directed on the package. While the pasta is cooking, cook sausage in a skillet for 10 minutes on medium heat. Add peppers. Cook and stir for 7 minutes, or until sausage is done and the peppers are crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes and Italian seasoning, stir, cook for 2 minutes for the mixture to heat through.
Drain the pasta and add to the pepper and sausage mixture. Add in the Italian style cheese, stir. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
We love pasta dinners! What is your favorite type?